Tooth implant is also known as fixture which is basically a surgical treatment which connects the bone of the jaw to support crown, bridge, denture or orthodontic anchor. Tooth implant may be successful or failed depending on the health condition of the patient.
Evaluation is also done for the given stress on the implant and fixtures. The risks which may occur in tooth implants can be of two types: During surgery and After surgery. Excessive bleeding or nerve injury can happen during surgery. Some other infections can be suffered after surgery. Those infections stay for long time. The success rate of tooth implants is 93-98% and stays from 10 – 15 years.
Dental prosthetic can be fixed or removable. If the prosthetic is fixed, the patient can’t remove the same. The Crown, bridge or denture is fixed with dental cement. If the prosthetic is not fixed, a temporary adaptor is put in the prosthetic to keep those two pieces together. Tooth implants are generally done to give support to dental prosthetic. In modern process of implants bone is attached with titanium and some ceramics. The implant and bone integration can protect decades successfully.
Affordable dental implants offer several choices for implant. Different types of tooth implants can be single and multiple tooth implants and other full-arch implant solutions like screw – in. In single and multiple implants, a bridge or crown is used to replace the missing teeth. This solution is long term in nature. Screw-in solution is more permanent and it works like natural tooth.
The cost of dental treatments is really high. A single implant costs thousands of dollars. But affordable dental implants suggest patients a few ways to reduce costs. Those ways are:
• Patients should consult different dentists and get the best rate by comparing all rates. They have to consider total cost of consultation, X-rays, anesthesia, modeling, surgery and materials.
• Cost of tooth implants may vary from place to place. Patients of developed countries may have to spend a lot as the cost of living is high.
• Another way is dental tourism. Patients can find low cost in developing countries. If the patient is not so much severe he/she may implant teeth by taking dental tourism option.
• Patients can make their tooth implants in some schools of Dentistry where graduated dentistry school students perform the procedures under supervision of experienced doctors. These schools offer low rate. But patients may have to wait for long time.
• Some charitable institutions can also offer patients tooth implant free of cost or at low rate. This offer is only available to patients of lower income group
• Patients can take some insurance coverage for tooth implants. But some insurance don’t cover tooth implants. Patients can cover part of the expenses at least from the insurances.